The live action movie only has a tentative working title at the moment. It will be the latest in the Japanese saga; a sequel to the previous films: Death Note (2006), Death Note: The Last Name (2006) and L: Change the World (2008).
Though the main cast has been assembled, their names remain strictly confidential.
However, we can now reveal precisely where filming will take place - mostly Kobe with some scenes shot in the middle of Tokyo, plus suburbs - and when - from early November 2015 through to the end of December.
Death Note 2016 extras may also expect:
- provision for a friend or other travel companion;
- food and drink supplied;
- photography (still or video) strictly prohibited;
- sharing details in blogs or any other medium also strictly prohibited;
- 'strictly prohibited' means legal action taken and your backside dragged to court;
- no stealing props or costumes;
- applications accepted based on age, gender etc appropriate for each scene;
- right to refuse an application retained with regard to the above;
- shooting dates may be altered at the last minute due to weather conditions etc;
- contacting the companies involved regarding your application is a no-no;
- personal information provided in the form will not be shared with third parties.
These are all details given on the Death Note 2016 extra registration form.
For prosperity's sake, accept my screenshots of that form, as linked from the film's official website, captured on September 29th 2015.