Death Note's 10th Anniversary was celebrated, with much hype, on March 3rd 2014. The fandom received the following goodies and event notifications:
- Death Note Real Escape Game. This is what the much-vaunted website counted down towards. But it's only available in two Japanese cities.
- Online Mini-Story. Playing out over Facebook and on the website, this was just a promotional event for the above. It didn't affect the canon.
- Reissue of the Death Note Manga. 10th Anniversary editions of all seven volumes will be in the shops on March 18th 2014.
- Digital Death Note Manga. Two online (and downloadable) versions of the full story are available. One is in full colour from start to finish.
- Death Note Facebook page launched. This social networking portal is in Japanese. It keeps folk abreast of all new developments in the Death Note franchise.
- Smartphone App for Death Note fans. Play the Real Escape Game on the move.
- Death Note as a Musical Stageshow. Now Kira et all really will be all singing and dancing.
There was quite a lot there, particularly for fans in Death Note's home country Japan. Yet I can't help concluding that there was a lot of fuss over really not very much at all.
What do you think?